Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The word of the day is J-O-B

Post by: Raja

Since the last time that I posted, lots of things have happened. Most importantly, Beth started her new job! We were both very excited when she got the offer since it was pretty much perfect for our situation. She is doing pretty much the same thing she was doing in Bham and they want to keep her for the full six months that we will be in St. Louis, so we really couldn’t ask for much more. She says the people that she’ll be working with are all very nice and I think she’s going to have a great time there.

Another big piece of news, for those of you who don’t follow college basketball, UNC defeated Duke last Saturday night and won the ACC championships for the third time in four years. Not only did they beat Duke and win the ACC, but they also got the #1 seed in the ACC tournament and are positioned very well to get a #1 seed in the East Region of the NCAA tournament, and potentially a #1 seed overall. This is a big deal and makes even more excited to catch the ACC tournament on TV this week and the NCAA tournament in the coming weeks. They did what they needed to do in league so now let’s see if they can complete the job with a national title in early April.

The J-O-B for me is still going well. I’m learning more about the mortgage business and starting to be able to do real work. When things start to get more interesting, I’ll post more about the job.
Finally, we went to a really cool Indian restaurant over the weekend. It overlooks the airport so you can see the planes landing and taking off, and the food was also very good. Beth has some pictures she took so when she posts those, I’m sure she’ll give you more details.

3 comments:

Hershbine Family said...

Raja,
I love that you are posting, too! It is so much fun to read both of your perspectives on "newlywedliness" and your life and jobs in St. Louis! I wish I could get jody to post... but with 24 semester hours of school and 40 hour a week job, and guard duty...he rarely has time to speak to me much less blog for our family... therefore our blog is a bit onesided.

Hershbine Family said...

Just read back over my post and realized I did not say YAY!! for the new J-O-B, Beth! What a great set up for you, if only this will be the scenario is the next places you will go... BTW!... I know it is a little premature, but do you know where you go next?

Beth said...

we have absolutely no idea where we'll go next.. time will tell.. :)