Sunday, March 9, 2008

Union Station

Post by: Beth

Today was a fun day for us. We'd wanted to go to the area around the Arch but it was a big 22 degrees when we woke up, so we decided to do something indoors instead. Less than a few miles from our loft building is an area called St Louis Union Station. It was "once the largest and busiest passenger rail terminal in the world, is now one of America's great marketplaces. Union Station first opened in 1894, but ceased operation as an active train terminal in 1978. Union Station reopened in August of 1985 as the largest adaptive re-use project in the United States." So now it houses lots of restaurants and shopping and a few smaller events and things. We'd seen it while driving around and I was really excited to go see what it was all about so that's what we did.

Here's a picture of what our pathway up to the Station looked like:




One of the main entrances of the arch:





This is what it looks like when you step inside the entrance:



One exciting thing going on was that they had an open casting call for Tyra Banks' show "America's Next Top Model" !! I was super excited because I watch every episode of the show! Here are some pictures of some of the girls trying out:



So we went to eat at this restaurant called "Key West Cafe." Of course, they have basketball on, so this is what Raja did during much of the meal:

Because of that, this is how I was much of the meal:

And here we are tonight. UNC & Duke are playing at 8pm, and I have been programmed to say "I am excited about the big game tonight." . Yes.. can't you hear me? Raja is super excited.. I told Dad tonight on the phone that he was wearing blue from head to toe. I wasn't lying. This is what Raja will be doing until at least 10pm tonight. Very exciting. I can't wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness you married your Father! That's exactly how your dad looks every weekend, when he's not on the golf course. =)
Looks very interesting there. Can't wait to see it all. Love ya, Mom

Hershbine Family said...

really, beth I may only be one of four or five people reading your blog (lol!) but please dont stop doing this... you make me laugh everyday! I look so forward to reading your blog every day!

Hershbine Family said...

Oh by the way... I know that Raja would be horrified that I even had to ask this question, but... "Who won, anyway?"

Beth said...

heh.. Thank Goodness UNC won, Casey. He walks around in a really bad mood when they lose. The last time they played Duke was the Friday night before our WEDDING and they did lose that night. Luckily too much was going on for him to dwell on it. ;)