Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yey for Melting Snow!

Post by: Beth

As Mom pointed out, the snow IS very pretty to look at. However, it's had me pretty much stranded in the apartment for 2 days because it's too dangerous to drive in. (Poor Raja still has to brave it to go to work.. Obviously Citi doesn't value their employees' safety as much as daycares, schools, or GOVERMENT AGENCIES.. geez.. you'd think they'd get the hint if the City Hall isn't even opening.) Today, it melted enough finally to where I felt safe getting out and about. I went to the St. Louis Galleria here, which is about 8 miles away from our home.. and it's gorgeous and busy and lots of fun! They have Maggianos, which is an Italian restaurant that doesn't have a Birmingham location, but happens to be Mom's favorite from all of our shopping trips to Atlanta! She's going to be super excited about that for when she visits. :) Other than that, they seem to have Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang's, CPK, and things like that that are just normal chain restaurants that everyone has seen.
At the mall, I just went to Starbuck's and then Cache. I bought a new black dress that I'm really excited about.. It's my first purchase that deducts from my "BSpend" column on our budget, so I was very happy to have a 50% off coupon. Raja has an "RSpend" column, which I take great delight in watching shrink, for some reason. (I think it's the competitive streak coming out in me.) Anyway, I saved half off a dress and can't wait until it gets a little warmer so I can wear it. All Raja has bought from his "RSpend" column are some soccer cleats, so he's beating me by a little bit now, but I plan to tempt him with pay-per-view UNC basketball games that aren't airing on regular TV.. At about $110 a pop, he's sure to dwindle his column down to nothing in no time. *evil laugh* heh.. I'm just playing.. sort of..
Anyway, that's what I did today. Tonight, we are going to Macaroni Grill because a) it's one of my favorites and b) I have a gift card that my mom's co-worker/friend Jill gave me as a gift! I'm super excited to get out more and see more of the city now that the weather has relaxed a bit. I hope you all are having a great day, also! :)

No comments: